Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The LuLac Edition #2635, April 15th, 2014

Our “In Focus” logo.


IN FOCUS

This past week we’ve been out and about attending some events that are part of the local landscape. I attended the Tom Wolf event last Thursday as reported in LuLac Edition # 2633.


FRIDAY


Friday night I was proud to accompany Mrs. LuLac to the Red Carpet Premiere of a documentary on the Osterhout Library. This year the Free Library is celebrating its 125th birthday. Here are a few photos:
Here’s a crowd shot of the people at the event at the Osterhout.
Longtime area volunteer and businessman Clayton Karembellas and I renewed old memories.
Luzerne County Council member Rick William was in attendance. Williams is a new board member of the Library.
Mayor Tom Leighton spoke at the event and gave a very nice speech on what the library meant to his family. The Mayor provided the key to the city to the Library on its anniversary.
Had a very unique conversation with Doctor Mark Stine from Wilkes College. Dr. Stine has trained many students in the fine art of broadcasting and we were going through the number of Wilkes graduates who participated in the Wilkes Community News program on Service Electric Channel 97.
Carl Brigido and I worked together in the mid 70s at WVIA TV and FM. Carl was an engineer at the TV outlet before moving on to a long career at Wilkes College. Carl also did some voice overs for some of my radio shows through the years.
Wyoming’s Bill Frew and I tried to avoid politics that night. We are polar opposites on issues but seem to laugh a lot when we are left to our own devices.


SATURDAY

On that great sunny 70 degree day I met some very nice folks who came to buy my three books, “A Radio Story”, “26 Rules of Life” and “Weather Or Knot”. Thanks to the fine folks at B&N for keeping me alert with Iced Tea and Godivas. Met very interesting fellow writers as well as some people who are fans of my blog as well as my TV appearances on Pa. Live on WBRE TV. Special shout outs to Bob Shortz and Deanna Farrell who bought multiple copies of my books, my Facebook friends and to my paisanos(is it possible for a Slovak guy to have Paisanos?) from the Mid Valley who did a multiple order of “A Radio Story” prior to the event. Here’s two photos from the event, from left are two follow authors Bryan Kollar and on the right Sharon Saracino.
The other photo is my supervisor who made the trek up with her lovely Sister. Here I am with Heather Allen assuring her “A Radio Story” was purely fiction. 

Thanks to all that attended and those who ordered as a result of the event.


MONDAY

Years ago, even before LuLac I posted on a Radio Info message board. One of the on line friends I acquired was Gene Werley who worked at T102 for 15 years. Gene and I kept in touch through the years and has aided me in securing some great music downloads. Monday afternoon I got a surprise phone call from Gene who was at Mohegan Sun on business. We had dinner and literally closed the Lone Star on Monday night. Topics of conversation were Radio, our current careers, baseball, Jamaica and family.



3 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave-
Which of the three books has had the most sales? I'm guessing A Radio Story, which I always thought would make a good screenplay or teleplay. Last question, whats next and when are you projecting? Count me in as a buyer.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Which of the three books has had the most sales? I'm guessing A Radio Story, which I always thought would make a good screenplay or teleplay.
THANK YOU. IT RANKS UP THERE IN TERMS OF MONEY WITH THE OTHER TWO BUT THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE. THE BEST SELLING ONE SO FAR IS 26 RULES. MANY PEOPLE BUY IT IN BULK. IN TERMS OF PROFIT, ANYTHING I MAKE I PUT INTO THE NEXT PROJECT AND PROMOTION.
Last question, whats next and when are you projecting?
TWO IN THE HOPPER BUT HAVING DIFFICULTY TRYING TO FINISH DUE TO LIVING MY LIFE. HOPEFULLY I'LL TRY TO KNOCK ONE OUT THIS SUMMER.
Count me in as a buyer.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home